Review - Clinique Even Better Foundation

Hey Pretty South African Beauty Blog

Clinique claims that their Even Better Makeup is a top seller... I can to tell you that I'm not at all surprised - I've tried it, loved it and have recently repurchased my 3rd bottle. Although I must admit I haven't been a religious user of Clinique products in the past but I have on odd occasions whisked past their counter only to come to a sudden halt because somethings has caught my eye. Whenever that happens I always feel the need to support them :) Don't get me wrong, I've never ever been able to legitimately complain about any of their products I have purchased in the past - however, their look and feel is so clinically bland that it's easy for forget them... and therefore forget to try out their goods.

Let me put this in a better perspective for you... let's say the Clinique and um... let's go with Inglot counter are near enough to each other.... chances are that the Clinique counter will just fade away. With their spearmint green and white branding - it's not all that hard for them to be overlooked. (Everything else is just so bright these days.) Anyway, I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to get to here so back to the matter at hand.
Clinique - Hey Pretty South African Beauty Blog

So I'm breezing past their counter and spotted something. I can't remember exactly what it was that caught my eye, because I didn't end up buying it. But I did end up purchasing this foundation. And honestly I only did that because yes, I was in the market for a new foundation, but it was mostly because the sales lady was damn good at selling me the product.

So it was then (and R395 later) that I got to testing this foundation out. And then I found myself going straight to the Clinique counter 6 or 7 weeks later and getting some more... and then again a few weeks later even though I still had ample... I didn't want to ever be without.


So if you'd assume that I was entirely happy with this foundation - you would be spot on. I loved the feel of the product on my skin. The texture is kind of runny so at first you may think it's going to give you a light coverage - but it doesn't sheer out on the skin at all. The coverage is totally build-able, but with only one light handed coat, I'd say it's a medium coverage. It's oil-free and Clinique undoubtedly thought of every single skin tone and colour. The range they offer is extraordinary. Everyone and their aunty can find a suitable shade in this collection.
Clinique - Hey Pretty South African Beauty Blog
There was a time (for about a year) that the Clinique Even Better Makeup was the only foundation I owned. I had no need for any other and didn't even bother to try and find others I may love the same or maybe even more. For me the price is right, the product is amazing and the results are exactly as the manufacturer claims. 


But I'm happy to admit that I have since dared to try and test and I have discovered a few more foundations that do exactly what this one provides so it's not my only go-to foundation at the moment, however, I still find myself reaching over for it every now and then when I have somewhere special to be and when I'm feeling nostalgic. When the bottle I currently own runs dry, I will be replacing it. It's a fantastic foundation to add to your make-up collection.

If you are interested: I have this foundation in 05 Neutral and I find it perfect for summer but a little dark in the winter.

Product Claims:
"Wear oil-free, dermatologist-developed Even Better Makeup SPF 15 and something amazing happens: Without any makeup, see improved clarity, a more even skin tone, visibly diminished age spots. For all ethnicities. In just 4 to 6 weeks. For continued benefits-even after you take it off-partner with Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector."
Skin Types: 2 - Dry Combination, 3 - Oily
Formula: Liquid
Coverage: Moderate
Benefits: Evens Skin Tone, SPF
Concern: Uneven Skin Tone

• Clinique is offering free delivery on orders through their website clinique.co.za so all the more reason to try it for yourself.

Hey Pretty South African Beauty Blog