Mini Review - The Original Tangle Teezer

Mini Review - The Original Tangle Teezer

Sometime late last year I got the opportunity to try out the Tangle Teezer for myself and I jumped on that because let's face it... it's pretty (and it was pink)! I had no clue what the hype was about, but I was inevitably curious.

The shape of the brush is perfect for my hand. Even though it's such a small item, I don't find myself dropping it or it flipping out of my hand because I can't grip it properly - the curve of the brush fits perfectly into the hold of my hand. So if that was a concern for you, don't stress about it.

A few key points I want to make about this little brush...

• It works like magic on my wet hair.

Me and wet hair have always been at war. Knots are my nemesis... and especially so when my hair has just been washed. I found the Tangle Teezer without a doubt helps me shorten the almost impossible task of getting rid of them and greatly decreased the pain while doing so. At discovering this I was pretty much sold.

• I've said goodbye to round brushes when I blow-dry my hair

I have particularly straight hair, but if I don't do a proper blow dry it can definitely get a kink in it. One day while I was in a hurry to get ready, I grabbed the Tangle Teezer instead of a round brush and just quickly brushed through my hair as I blasted warm air on it. The results were amazing. My hair ended up being perfectly straight but with an element of "wind-blown" added to it. It wasn't the kind of "full of body" I usually get when using a brush, but it was nowhere near the hot mess I get when I don't. It was just the right amount of body + the perfect straightness I want but without flat or way-to-sleek hair. It's the only tool I've used to dry my hair with since then.

• My husband loves it too

I will admit, he did mention that he wished it wasn't pink... but he loves to use it to comb through his beard. He tends to get a few knots on the ends of his beard and every morning he will routinely use the Tangle Teezer to brush them out. He says that brushing one's beard can be painful since it's a sensitive area where the hair is pulling, but with the Tangle Teezer, it's as if there are no knots at all. So it's safe to say that The Original Tangle Teezer get's a 👍 from him! (@renaldogouws)

The Claims... 

The multi award-winning Pink Fizz Original detangling hairbrush is the ultimate best friend for your hair. The very first creation by Tangle Teezer inventor Shaun P, The Original can be used on wet or dry hair and is suitable for all hair types and textures. It banishes tangles, knots and helps prevent breakage and damage thanks to its unique two-tiered system technology – the long teeth detangle and the short teeth smooth the hair cuticle for healthier-looking, glossy hair. Designed to glide through the hair with ease and speed, The Original leaves your hair feeling soft, shiny and totally tangle-free.

The catch... It's kind of a pricey brush. - R240 for the Original -  Especially if you don't have experience with it. It's a lot to fork out when you don't know what you are going to be getting... however, once you've tried it, it's nearly impossible to not love it. I've just recently purchased another (that being a non-pink one specifically more geared towards mens grooming) but truth be told, I only did so because I have experience with this brand, my husband loves it too so it's about time he get he's own and probably and most importantly because it's on promotion for half the price on Takealot.

Overall I'm hugely impressed and ridiculously addicted to my Tangle Teezer!

{ ...Turns out I had a lot more to say about the Tangle Teezer and my review was not so mini after all 😆 }

You can purchase yourself a Tangle Teezer brush on both Clicks & Takealot (P.S. Takealot currently has a few on special & Clicks has a buy 3 get the cheapest free promotion on Tangle Teezers) #bonus

Mini Review - The Original Tangle Teezer


I was sent this product via the brands respective PR company to test out and give my thoughts on. All opinions in this post are my own and I have never and will never agree to provide any review (positive or negative) in exchange for a product. 

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank You for your comment!